This is my attempt to make a “Virtual Interactive Projected Surface”.Did the coding in flat two weeks.I did this even before Pranav mistry made his application open source.
Not to prove the originality of the idea but to prove that I can also build such things.HCI and robotics is exciting.Thanks to the research by Jeff Hann, Jhonny lee and Pranav mistry’s team.
With this system
- one can paint onto any surface by drawing in Mid-air.
- Play video games on any surface
- Use your mobile phone on any surface
- In palm projection (still under development)
- Pick and place photos on your projected photo album as you naturally pic and place objects
- Use google earth for GPS and weather info
- Rotate and zoom pics or videos like the minority report interface
- Windows can be operated in a multi-touch mode.
Better applications can be made with more time,effort and resources.Right now it is not as good as Pranav mistry’s device but this is my attempt.
Technical report here: